Thursday, February 16, 2006

How to impress strangers

The weather line reads

16 Feb 2:30 pm
Temp: 12
Wind Chill: -7
Wind: ENE 23mph, Gusts to 36mph

as Rachel and I bundle up and ride a few miles to get lunch and run some errands. We must have gotten half a dozen comments on our bravery. I'm sure having been acclimating to the cold all winter didn't hurt. But, the truth is, riding a bicycle just isn't that hard.

Don't go telling everyone, though, it is sort of nice to get all this attention.

Another upside to bicycling year round is this: Nobody matches a cycler for having the clothes to handle wind. After all, we face 25 mile per hour gusts on every ride just coasting downhill. I was the only one smiling on my walk into work this morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

You are a better man than I am. I'm such a baby about cold weather. You think living in Michigan all my life I'd be better about it.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't count how many times I'd breeze into the office with my bike helmet on and precipitation streamng down my face, only t have my coworkers say "You must be cold!" Yes, I always sweat profusely when I'm cold.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Keasty said...

Hope it´ll be warmer in Miami when we arrive 15 March!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home